Monday, February 16, 2015

Dreams - the trauma and drama

I'm sure everyone of us have dreamt of something horrendous at some point or the other, some strange person chasing behind to kill you for a reason unknown or an ugly monster trying to strangle you to death.. or maybe you falling off a cliff into abysmal space... but trust me none of it comes close to the recent dreams that is tormenting me.. nothing comes close.. except may be one time when i dreamt of a person who was very close trying to suffocate me :P

A few days back, i got a call from my manager in the morning, she complained that i missed picking up an important customer call who was trying to reach for assistance on the support phone. Its a 24*7 assistance phone and every person in the team has to hold the phone for a week. So, I hurried to reach for the support phone to see if there were any calls and i see 50 missed calls! Damn, how can i be so irresponsible. Manager is on the line and i have nothing to tell her.. guilt and anxiety overpowers me and i'm lost for words. In that trauma, i open my eyes wide to see a dark room around! good gracious, i was only dreaming and worst still, that day i dint even have the support phone with me :-\  ofcourse, I double checked before i went back to sleep again :)

Just yesterday i got another call from my manager with the same complaint while i was driving. Frustrated about my negligence, with lot of guilt i apologized and told her that i would call back the customer and work on the issue. Just when i cut the call, i realized (bloody hell!) i dont have the support phone with me! Cursing for the mixup, i called her back and asked her who told i was on callout, because i was not! She thought for a while and before she could respond back.. some strange horrible sound rang right next to my ear! yep, my alarm..

Two incidents within a span of 2 weeks on the same subject.. i hope these dreams are not hinting something bad. Any dream analyzers out there??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Padma, How are you doing? Hopefully you are enjoying the performance.